Using Your Antivirus Software plus Malwarebytes to Remove a Virus

I have needed to remove a virus from a PC many times in the past. As much as we try to avoid getting a virus, the possibility always exists that one will sneak onto your PC. Luckily, most viruses can be removed by using a combination of your antivirus software of choice and Malwarebytes. In general, I find that antivirus programs are successful and removing 90% of viruses. However, having a program like Malwarebytes helps cover the other 10% that your primary antivirus can’t handle. Let’s get right to it.
Download and Install Malwarebytes
Hopefully, you already have a primary antivirus installed. However, most users don’t have Malwarebytes on their PC. If you do, then you can skip this step. If you don’t already have Malwarebytes, go to, and download the free version of the software. Now, simply install the software.
Restart in Safe Mode
Now that you have Malwarebytes and a primary antivirus installed, I recommend you restart your computer and boot into safe mode with networking. Many times, viruses will become inactive in safe mode. This will make it easier to remove them.
Fire Up Your Antivirus and run a scan
Next, you will want to launch your virus program, update the virus definitions if needed, and run a scan. Keep in mind that this can take a little while. If your antivirus finds any threats, make sure you allow your antivirus to remove them.
Scan with Malwarebytes
Whether your antivirus found and issues or not, you should still run a scan with Malwarebytes as well. Often, issues can sneak by your primary antivirus. Malwarebytes specializes in finding these issues and removing them.
So, fire up Malwarebytes, make sure its definitions are up to date, and then run a scan. Like your antivirus scan, this can take a bit. If any issues are found, make sure you let Malwarebytes fix the problems.
I would recommend repeating scans until no more issues are being found. From personal experience, I have noticed that it may take a few scans to truly find all the issues. If no issues are being found, then you should be good to go.
In general, using the above method can remove the vast majority of viruses. However, if the above method doesn’t work, you may have to remove the virus manually. This can often be tough and usually requires some tech experience.
So, having someone help with this is recommended if you aren’t a tech expert. One last thing to keep in mind is that you always have the last ditch option of reinstalling your OS. Since this can be a big deal, you may only want to use this once you have exhausted all other options. Alternatively, if your PC barely has anything on it yet, then reinstalling the OS isn’t as big of a deal.

·← Starting an Amazon FBA Business for less than $100
·Best Canon Cameras For Vlogging ‘
Latest In Tech
Open Source Intelligence is Everywhere ” But what does it Mean?
September 5, 2017Comments Off on Open Source Intelligence is Everywhere ” But what does it Mean?

Aly Chiman

Aly Chiman is a Blogger & Reporter at which covers a wide variety of topics from local news from digital world fashion and beauty . AlyChiTech covers the top notch content from the around the world covering a wide variety of topics. Aly is currently studying BS Mass Communication at University.