Facebook introduced Group Video Chat in Messenger as its tribute for 2016. In description, they have claimed that it is most requested Messenger feature ever. Video chat is common feature among messenger apps but Facebook’s Messenger has taken the lead by introducing Group video chat feature.
Group Video Chat in Messenger makes it simple and seamless to stay connected face-to-face. The update is already rolled out on the desktop version of app. Android and IOS users can also use this awesome feature on their devices too.
People use messaging in groups for lots of different reasons like keeping everyone up to date, planning a family vacation or to share a few jokes. Facebook claims that 245 million people making video calls in Messenger every month and now these 245 million people will be able to turn their group chats into face-to-face conversations no matter where they are in the world.
Chatting face-to-face live as a group is perfect for those spontaneous moments when text just isn’t enough… or when you have a major case of FOMO. Group Video Chat will surely help small scale team collaboration in IT industry and other fields.
Facebook also introduced 3D masks i.e. you can wear fun things like sun glasses and other sort of masks during video chats but for now this feature is limited to IOS, Android users will have to wait to get this add-on on their devices. In group video chat up to six people are visible at a time … but this isn’t a limitation if your group is a little big, because up to 50 people can join in a single video chat, they can choose to just listen in and join via voice, or be on camera. If more than six people are on the call then just the dominant speaker will be visible to all participants like Zoom or Skype.
Here’s How It Works
- Group Video Chat is super easy to use (and, of course, free over Wi-Fi).
- For starters, you must have latest version of Messenger.
- After that just open one of your existing group conversations or create a new one.
- Then tap on the video icon on the upper right of the screen to enter the video chat to notify everyone in that particular group conversation.
- Everyone who were notified can join when they are ready with just one tap. Facebook went another notch higher by adding the option of directly ringing just a few people or the whole group.
Checkout this awesome feature and leave your feedback down below of what do you think about this feature.