History of Balzhiser & Hubbard Engineers in Eugene, Oregon

History

Balzhiser & Hubbard Engineers has been in business in one form or another since 1954:

1954

At the suggestion of his brother Tom, a prominent local architect, Jim Balzhiser moved to Eugene from Ohio to open Balzhiser Engineering.

He sets up shop in a building at 12th & High.

1960

Lifetime Oregon resident and Electrical Engineer Carrol Colvin joined Jim, and the partnership became Balzhiser & Colvin Engineering.

1963

With his brother Tom, Jim designs and has built a new building on McKinley

Street, which Balzhiser & Colvin Engineering moves into.

1968

Balzhiser & Colvin Engineering incorporates.

1972

Keith Hubbard, a recent Washington State University graduate, joined Jim Balzhiser. He became a principal of the firm in 1975 and served as president

from 1985 to 1997. He led the Mechanical Engineering department from 1985 to 2007.

1975

Dave Bomar, a Mechanical Engineer and Oregon State University graduate, joins the firm. He became a principal of the firm in 1979 and has been serving

as president since 1997.

1977

Carrol Colvin retires

1980

Balzhiser & Colvin Engineering becomes Balzhiser/Hubbard & Associates.

1984

Jim Krumsick joined the firm as manager of the Electrical Engineering department. He became a principal in the firm in 1985.

1985

Jim Balzhiser “semi-retires.”

1986

The firm name is changed to Balzhiser & Hubbard Engineers.

1991

BHE outgrows its location on McKinley Street and moves into the former

Security Pacific Bank building at the corner of 10th and Lincoln.

1992

Tim Ely is hired. He became a principal in 2006 and leads our Healthcare group.

1992

Mark Penrod is hired. He became a principal in 2000 and has managed the Mechanical Engineering department since 2007.

1993

Monica Anderson joined the firm and established the Civil Engineering department. She became a principal in 1997.

1998

The Surveying department is created.

2002

Mike Ware, a former employee, returns to the firm and becomes a principal. He has managed the Electrical Engineering department since 2005.

2003

The former Eugene Public Library building at 13th and Olive was purchased

and remodeled, and BHE moved from the Lincoln Street building in December of 2003.

2004

An open house was held to show off our new building and to celebrate our 50 year anniversary. The guest list included Nettie Balzhiser, Jim’s widow.

2004

Jim Krumsick retires at the end of the year.

2007

Keith Hubbard “semi-retires” at the end of June.

Jim Balzhiser

Carrol Colvin

Keith Hubbard

Dave Bomar

Jim Krumsick

Tim Ely

Mark Penrod

Monica Anderson

Mike Ware

Nettie Balzhiser

Jim Krumsick

Keith Hubbard

©2007

BALZHISER & HUBBARD ENGINEERS

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

error: Content is protected !!